IMPORTANT NOTE: While Bison View Lodge is located just 5 miles from Helen, it is considered remote.
Guests should be advised there is no food or package delivery services such as Amazon, Instacart, DoorDash, or UberEats.
What does Bison View Lodge provide?
- Fully stocked kitchens: Crockpot, pots and pans, knives, silverware, plates, glasses, cooking utensils & grilling tools
- Grills: We have Traeger pellet grills and Weber charcoal grills at each cabin.
- Grilling materials: Full basket of pellets for Traeger Grill upon arrival (charcoal and/or propane is not provided)
- Coffeemakers: Can brew both K-Cups or a 12 cup pot of coffee. Coffee filters are provided.
- Basic cooking spices & oils: Salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, cinnamon, garlic powder, olive oil, Pam spray
- Kitchen supplies: One scrubby sponge, dishwasher tabs, 2 rolls of paper towels, coffee filters, dish soap, multipurpose spray cleaner, trash bags
- Our water is from a well. Well water is refreshing, healthy, & full of minerals. If you don’t prefer the taste, you may want to bring bottled water
- Hair Dryers: In each bathroom
- Linens & towels: Linens and towels are provided for your use. Hot tub towels are located in the laundry room/closet.
- Bathrooms: 3 rolls of toilet paper (per bathroom), tissue boxes in various areas of the home. Please note: toiletry items (soap/shampoo) are not provided.
- Hot tub shock: for stays longer than 2 nights, you’ll want to shock the hot tub at the end of each day for continued use and enjoyment.
- Firewood: **We provide 2 bundles per cabin (approximately 16 pieces) of firewood for your stay. You may purchase additional bundles for $7.50 per bundle, a 20% savings over local grocery stores & gas stations. We also include “Fatwood” fire starters
Full retreat rentals have use of the following:
- Large commercial propane grill, Cookshack commercial smoker, commercial grade refrigerator & freezer
- PLEASE NOTE: Propane is not provided
What should we purchase or bring that we haven’t thought of?
- Soap/Shampoo: Don’t forget to bring your favorite soap and shampoo as Bison View Lodge does not provide these items
- Your favorite groceries or snacks
- Bluetooth speaker to use outdoors
- Self lighting charcoal For stays at The Helen Barn or The Main Lodge who want to use the charcoal grill instead of Traeger pellet grills
- Propane: If you are using the large grill at The Barn. Retreat rental only.
- Traeger Grill pellets: We make sure grill is full when you arrive, but if you plan on smoking meat for an extended period of time you may want to pick up an extra bag or two.
- Coffee & tea: Purchase either K-Cups or ground coffee for a coffee pot
- Bags of ice
- Food storage: Foil, plastic wrap, ziplock bags, etc
- Paper & plastic products: If you want easy cleanup – plates, cups, utensils, napkins
What games do you have on site?
- Corn hole: a set of boards & bean bags at each cabin
- Board games & puzzles
- Basketball goal: Main Lodge only, basketball provided
- Darts: Darts provided
- Disc Golf – We have a small disc golf course. You may want to bring your own or purchase inexpensive discs. https://a.co/d/4il02y5
- Video games: Retro style arcade style video games, Wii
- Portable pickleball on helipad: We have basic paddles & balls but you may want to bring your own if you play
Can we arrive early?
- Check in time is at 4pm unless arrangements have been made in advance for an early check-in.
- If you do arrive in Helen early, we recommend stopping by Jumping Goat Coffee Company (the one in Cleveland, it has amazing views of Yonah Mountain), Habersham Winery, or grab some food at Yonah Burger, Cowboy’s & Angels, Nacoochee Grill Tavern, or Spice 55 (Thai & Sushi).
- There are lots of things to do in Helen while we put the finishing touches on the property for your arrival. Check out our blog post here.
Are there delivery services to the lodge?
- Amazon, Fedex, UberEats, InstaCart, DoorDash, and all other known delivery service DO NOT DELIVER to Bison Vew Lodge.
Where are the closest grocery stores?
- The Cleveland, GA Ingles and Walmart are the closest full service grocery stores to Bison View Lodge and are a 30 minute drive.
- If you’re coming from the airport there is a Costco in Cumming, GA (75 minutes from lodge).
- Dawsonville has a Kroger and a Publix (approximately one hour from lodge).
- Betty’s IGA in Helen is great for basic groceries and is 15-20 minutes. But it’s a small town grocery at best with very limited selection.
Have questions? Please call or text us at (404) 777-6711. We hope to see you at Bison View Lodge very soon!