What We Provide For You At Bison View Lodge
IMPORTANT NOTE: While Bison View Lodge is located just 5 miles from Helen, it is considered remote. Guests should be advised there is no food or package delivery services such as Amazon, Instacart, DoorDash, or UberEats.
- Fully stocked kitchens: Crockpots, pots and pans, knives, silverware, grilling accessories, etc
- Coffeemakers: can support both K Cups and regular round filters. We do not provide coffee but we do provide filters.
- Basic spices (salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, cinnamon, garlic powder, Pam spray)
- Kitchen supplies: Scrubby sponge, dishwasher tabs, 2 rolls of paper towels, coffee filters, dish soap, multipurpose spray cleaner, trash bags
- Water: Our water is from a well. Well water is refreshing, healthy, & full of minerals. That said, if you don’t prefer the taste, you may want to bring bottled water
- Bathrooms: 3 rolls of toilet paper (per bathroom), Kleenex tissues in various areas of the home
- Grilling: Full basket of pellets for Traeger Grill (charcoal not provided)
- Hot tub shock: for stays longer than 2 nights, you’ll want to shock the hot tub for multiple days of use to keep the water chemistry in good condition.
- Yard Games: Corn hole, portable pickleball on helipad
- Starter pack of firewood: We provide 3 bundles (approximately 24 pieces) of firewood for your stay. You may purchase additional bundles during your stay for $7.50 per bundle. That’s about 20% cheaper than Home Depot, Lowes, or the local grocery stores. We also include fire starters (Fatwood)
Things you might want to bring with you or purchase outside of your normal list
- Inexpensive basketball (Main Lodge only)
- Darts (Barn & Retreat Rental). We have a nice dart board, but you may want to buy a set of darts
- Bluetooth speaker to use outdoors
- Self lighting charcoal (for stays at The Helen Barn or The Main Lodge who want to use the charcoal grill instead of Traeger pellet grills)
- Traeger Grill pellets: we make sure grill is full of pellets, but if you plan on smoking something for an extended period of time you may want to pick up an extra bag or two.
- Bags of ice – We have under cabinet ice makers in the lodge and barn, but you may want to grab a couple extra bags.
- Foil, plastic wrap, ziplock bags, etc
- Paper & plastic products if you want easy cleanup – plates, utensils, napkins
- Your favorite groceries
- Firewood: We provide a starter pack of 3 bundles of firewood. Additional bundles may be purchased for $7.50/bundle. You may also bring your own firewood. NOTE: Only hardwoods can be burned in the fireplaces.
- In warm weather: a roll of plastic and some baby shampoo (eye friendly) and you can create an epic “slip and slide” for the kids
GROCERY STORES CLOSE TO BISON VIEW LODGE
- The Cleveland, GA Ingles and Walmart are the closest full service grocery stores to Bison View Lodge and are a 30 minute drive.
- If you’re coming from the airport there is a Costco in Cumming, GA (75 minutes from lodge).
- Dawsonville has a Kroger and a Publix (approximately one hour from lodge).
- Betty’s IGA in Helen is great for basic groceries and is 15-20 minutes. But it’s a small town grocery at best with very limited selection.
Have questions? Please call or text us at (404) 777-6711. We hope to see you at Bison View Lodge very soon!